Lainchan Webring / Cozynet IRC

For discussion and archiving of various webrings and websites throughout the world wide web. Found an interesting website? Share it here!
foreverliketh.is

Lainchan Webring / Cozynet IRC

Post by foreverliketh.is »

Hello, Yukinu! Hope all is well. Just wanted to write this thread to invite you and anybody else from the Lainchan Webring to CozyNet IRC. A few of us from the webring hang out there and it's pretty chill and this invitation is for anybody reading this. Consider dropping by! Even if just to say hello; no strings attached, yo. Promise! Also, I continue to love this website and thank you so much for sharing the old webring threads!
Yukinu
Site Admin

Re: Lainchan Webring / Cozynet IRC

Post by Yukinu »

Hey, good to hear from you! I'll check it out, good to drop by in an IRC channel even now and then. Also glad you like my site, I remember we spoke a couple threads ago about webrings, there are still many webrings on your site that I need to go through.
foreverlikethis

Post by foreverlikethis »

Yukinu, I love you, and I love everything you do. But, kindly, how does the founder of the Lainchan Webring, and one of it's greatest site admins, NOT have an up-to-date ring? Far be it from me, to tell another webmaster how to run or what to do on their site, but I imagine it is your self-imposed rule of commenting on each site that delays and delays the endeavor, yes? Maybe consider that as something worth dropping? I appreciate the thought, the sentiment, but if it keeps you from promoting the entire ring as it is.. I don't know, I think that's sad. If it's just because you want to curate and don't approve of some sites on the ring I understand then I guess.

Regardless, whatever you decide, to maintain things as they are, or to change it up: Pls, I formally request adding me to your ring:

My site: https://foreverliketh.is/
My RSS: https://foreverliketh.is/blog/index.xml
My banner: https://foreverliketh.is/docs/connectiv ... eth.is.gif

Thank you so much for starting this project, you don't know how much it has affected my life. Well, my life online, I mean. Still, I have met some wonderful, incredible people. And seen marvelous things. Thank you, yo, really.
Yukinu
Site Admin

Post by Yukinu »

foreverlikethis wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:58 pm Yukinu, I love you, and I love everything you do. But, kindly, how does the founder of the Lainchan Webring, and one of it's greatest site admins, NOT have an up-to-date ring?

Thank you for the kind words. I've regrettably been slow to update my copy of the webring. The delays are largely due to the number of projects I work on (been slowly clearing my backlog), and commenting on each site does definitely add additional overhead to updating my copy of the ring. I think it's still worthwhile to add the comment, since it gives the webmaster of the site view into someone who has visited their site, however small that view is (in this case just a few words). And, it is enjoyable to see everyone's site, so I'm happy to go through the extra effort.

I've put together some technical solutions (I should have done this a while ago) to reduce the burden of updating the ring (RSS feed on the threads and a script for downloading banners, links, and metadata), so hopefully that should make updates more frequent. I've added your site and banner to my webring page, and my apologies for not adding your (and everyone elses) site sooner.
foreverliketh.is

Post by foreverliketh.is »

Lessssgo! Based as heck, yo! Thank you again!
Crystepsi

Post by Crystepsi »

thanks for the invite, checking it out now ^-^

oh, irc my old fren,,,,